Upload all your digital watch pictures
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Scan of early Hamilton-Pulsar article

Post08 Nov 2007, 16:54

Last edited by retroleds on 09 Nov 2007, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

: Scan of early P1 article

Post09 Nov 2007, 10:18

Really cool. But isn't that the doomed Hamilton Pulsar (not a P1). I think the module was quite different (apart from that it didn't work very well).

You can find the original patent application for that watch in pdf form here...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3672155.pdf

[Site admin: The thread title has been changed, you are correct that it is not the P1, as distributed :-) ]

TheFordGuy

Geek

Geek

: Scan of early Hamilton-Pulsar article

Post13 Nov 2007, 01:20

That's super cool. The over-engineering built into this watch is just fascinating. A backup battery that would allow it to keep time while the main battery pack was changed? That's just wild. Must have been a Ni-Cd or something of that nature I'd guess. I wonder what the battery charger looked like?

It's a shame it didn't work well. I like its overall style and more curved numerals in the display compared to the rather "chunky" looking numerals in almost every other vintage LED, whether it's a dot-matrix or a segment style. The display reminds me of a dot-matrix red LED wall clock hanging in a local bank that's been there as long as I can remember. It has to be 30+ years old, and still functions perfectly. It looks almost identical in numeral shape and layout to the Hamilton Pulsar, with the seconds displayed underneath the time.
Hmmm...I should ask them if they ever wanted to sell it.

Return to NEWDWF User Gallery