Good shop ?

Upload all your digital watch pictures
  • Author

Fenice

Good shop ?

Post02 May 2008, 00:01

I was wondering I you guys know this shop:

www.planet-led.com

The man sells 100 % original Pulsars and also "hybrid" Pulsars.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Good shop ?

Post02 May 2008, 00:17

I know this man personally, his wife has fed us dinner while we talked watches and had a beer. 8-) He does excellent work, has the highest personal standards and is very honest. He tells you if it is original or "hybrid". His "hybrids" are of the best quality - our friendship and his excellent quality work are two of my two biggest reasons for me not dabbling in the "hybrid" market. As further point of reference: "Steve" was one of the top "go to" guys for Pulsar repair for a long time, until he decided that he had other personal concerns that were more important than repair work.....I think he is enjoying the more leisurely pace of fixing and selling at his pace, not according to customer demand. I envy him some days.... :lol: Buy from him with complete confidence - not many people I would say that about. He is definately one of the few I would consider a mentor. How's that for a vote of confidence? ;-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Fenice

: Good shop ?

Post02 May 2008, 00:24

OK, thanks.
I'm just doing my "homework" ;-)
It's better to play it safe.

One more question: as far as I can understand, "hybrid" = original case , but new LEDS ? right ?

Can you tell, me if there's is a difference in brightness and readability ( is this the right word ? )

Because I can imagine that a new sort of led MAY BE consumming less battery-power and MAY BE brighter....

But I don't know... so I ask ;-)

And a last question:

I see 5 Pulsars on his site; four of them have no name neither on the case or on the crystal ? Is this normal ?

Return to NEWDWF User Gallery