MkIII instructions.

• Author

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

MkIII instructions.

Post30 Jan 2009, 06:31

Hello all,

Does anybody have instructions for setting a MkIII module?

charger105

Guru

Guru

: MkIII instructions.

Post30 Jan 2009, 12:55

I've got a MkIII manual, but not in soft-copy format.
Do you want to know anything specific ?

Rgds,
Andrew.

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : MkIII instructions.

Post30 Jan 2009, 17:33

Hi Andrew,

I need to know how to set the minutes and date. I figured out how to set the hours, month and DOW. Also, I don't know if there's a timing adjustment on these ones. If you could help out, that would awesome!

This module was not an easy one to work on. The traces for the SC and the right side reed switches practically disappeared. I had to solder to what was left of the trace for the switches, and I drilled through the board to get to the trace on the underside for the SC.

The module is a little finicky, figuring out the settings I got weird things showing up on the display, but it shows time/date/seconds fine.

After all this time, I finally got a MkIII working. :-D The MkI/IIs are much more robust.

Mike

charger105 wrote:I've got a MkIII manual, but not in soft-copy format.
Do you want to know anything specific ?

Rgds,
Andrew.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post30 Jan 2009, 19:42

There is a .pdf of the Mark3 manual in the Photo Gallery, under Synchronars, Documents. Be sure to read the third page thoroughly, regarding the timing and sequence of setting,BEFORE setting. 'twil save you much frustration. :x

The .pdf is also here http://www.dwf.nu/images/MArk3_instructions.pdf
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Jan 2009, 20:03

Sweet. Thanks, Ed!

retroleds wrote:There is a .pdf of the Mark3 manual in the Photo Gallery, under Synchronars, Documents. Be sure to read the third page thoroughly, regarding the timing and sequence of setting,BEFORE setting. 'twil save you much frustration. :x

The .pdf is also here http://www.dwf.nu/images/MArk3_instructions.pdf

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post01 Feb 2009, 04:07

I've just placed a MkII manual in the gallery for posterity. I'm sure someone will come looking for it one day.

Yes, all the exposed wire bonds on the MkIII make it hard to work on. I think the leaking battery problem occurred mainly during the MkIII era, so they seem to be the variety least seen in working order. Howard may be able to confirm this ?

There's a MkIII on Ebay at the moment, which looks to have half of the colon separator not working (perhaps some only had one dot ?). Interestingly, it's also got a red bottom.........never seen one of these on a MkIII before.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RARE-SYNCHRONAR- ... dZViewItem

Rgds,
Andrew.

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Post02 Feb 2009, 18:01

Hey Andrew,

I saw that MkIII on Ebay, but @ $975US it's a little out of my price range. Maybe I'll offer something for it and see if they go for it. I'm trying to own one of each of the different modules. Right now I've got a few MkI/IIs, the semi-working MkIII and a MkIV kit coming from Howard.

I think I have one of those red bottoms @ home. It's molded like the black ones with the deep battery wells, but made from red lexan. I'll see if I can dig it out of the gooey mess of parts that I have and snap a pic.

I too have some Synchronar/Sunwatch paperwork that I should put up if/when I get time to scan it it. I've got the MkIV setting instructions and an "upgrade" sheet that offers you an upgrade to the MkIV module.

charger105 wrote:I've just placed a MkII manual in the gallery for posterity. I'm sure someone will come looking for it one day.

Yes, all the exposed wire bonds on the MkIII make it hard to work on. I think the leaking battery problem occurred mainly during the MkIII era, so they seem to be the variety least seen in working order. Howard may be able to confirm this ?

There's a MkIII on Ebay at the moment, which looks to have half of the colon separator not working (perhaps some only had one dot ?). Interestingly, it's also got a red bottom.........never seen one of these on a MkIII before.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RARE-SYNCHRONAR- ... dZViewItem

Rgds,
Andrew.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post02 Feb 2009, 21:08

The odd bottoms are too be expected - they are often trashed during the opening process and Howard's brothers sold off a lot of the rd bottoms. Which have a lot more room to work within. Seems the natural choice.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Feb 2009, 08:00

Well the red bottomed MkIII,s are what is rare and the dimensions are such that there is no more room to work than the normal MK III/IV black bottoms.The battery pattern is diagonal.
The normal but also rare red bottoms from MK I and Mk II,s(side by side batterypattern) extend the total thickness of the bottoms.

Ed, are you referring to using a MK I ,II (side by side batteries) red bottom to repair a MK III,IV module?. If so then it would be a thicker module,a down grade since the MK III and IV are supossed to be thinner.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post04 Feb 2009, 22:56

Howard, I'm not in a position to properly sort all the models out and their bottoms - that's why I made you moderator! :lol: You've lived and breathed that watch for decades, you know the fine details by heart. 8-) With a sealed case all bets are off on what was tucked inside. Smaller thinner batteries and God only knows what else might be done in the name of "Get'r done". Not that it is correct or factory quality :-) .

Good to see you tuning in to channel DWF.NU!

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Feb 2009, 23:27

Ed,I tune in almost daily even though i do not get notification of a question.Do I need to change my user setting for this?

The job of moderating has been easy.Everyone seems to have responded quick and in a nice way and I thank every one of them for making my job here easier.Sully got his MK III Instructions faster than I could have.The rest,including this post was starting to go off topic if i were to be a nit picking moderator.

As moderator i am not particularly interested in being a first or only repondant type.If days go by and no one picks it up i will post sooner.It's enough of a one man show doing my other job.

End of thread?

Cheers
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2009, 01:09

sort all the models out and their bottoms

Doesn't that just sound like the dream job M:)W:)M

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post05 Feb 2009, 05:26

bucko170 wrote:
sort all the models out and their bottoms

Doesn't that just sound like the dream job M:)W:)M

Typical coal miner that Mick(bucko170) - always coming up dirty. :eek: But what are we to expect of a man who's work revolves around shafts, holes, and big headlights. :lol:

Return to Synchronar