It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:38

azimuth_pl aka crazywatches.pl

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

azimuth_pl aka crazywatches.pl

Post25 Jan 2012, 17:38

Hello,
For those new here I would like to re-introduce myself.
My name is Piotr, Peter, Pietro (whatever you prefer) and I have been collecting watches for 10-12 years (depending how you count). My preference is LED because of their magic although I collect all kinds of early alternative technology watches from the 1950-70's. Modern watches are of no interest to me as I believe real watchmaking ended in the 1970's.
Due to low budget beginnings I started with dead watches and have been lucky in repairing most of them. Still today I prefer to search for bargains to be repaired as giving life to a watch is always an exciting experience.
I'm not an expert in all trades but share my experiences openly as much as possible.
I always admit being wrong (unless I don't recall the situation) hence feel free to kick me if I provide incorrect information.
I have joined DWF.nu in 2004 and have supported the community with hands-on expertease all self-taught by trial and error and with some hints by fellow collectors.
I "was left" from this forum for the last 18 months but I have been kindly asked to come back and to help as site moderator. Looking forward to discussing watch topics with all of you.
Read more about me: www.crazywatches.pl
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: azimuth_pl aka crazywatches.pl

Post25 Jan 2012, 20:06

Welcome! Love your web site.

I was just wondering - what's on your wrist today?

With so many watches at your fingertips, how many are in active rotation and how do you decide what to wear?

-abe.

funkyguy

Wizard

Wizard

Post26 Jan 2012, 01:12

Hi peter

Great website. excellent information on your items.
Good to see some of you "older" lol. collecters back on the dwf
You and a small band of other collecters were some of the
Pioneers in unearthing these 70s lcd/led watches. I started 2007
So i consider myself a newbie.lol. So big credit to yourself and others.

FG
Funkguy

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jan 2012, 08:06

hi Gents,
I considered myself a newbie when the old team was long present but hobbies change and not all of the old guys are still active. Perhaps my curious nature is the root cause of the format of my website to show the guts and what makes them "tick". I like to explore the unknown.
As for wearing watches...it depends on the mood. I wear many mechanical watches and I'm very much into vintage chronographs but from LEDs I always wear a P2 or P3.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

Chronos

Nerd

Nerd

Post28 Jan 2012, 04:00

Welcome back - I always learned a lot from your posts. Anyone who hasn't checked out your website needs to, it's fantastic!

Return to Members of DWF