It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:49

nice update and problems

Please write what you like me to improve or what´s currently not working properly.
  • Author

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: nice update and problems

Post26 Jan 2012, 01:32

azimuth_pl wrote:hi everybody,
I'm back again and see only positive changes, very clear and simplistic design.
thanks Hanno for the effort of uniting the digital community after all these years.
I'd start with an invitation list to the old guys from Europe, some of them are not present anywhere, not sure if alive though.

best
Piotr
Well, don't expect a flood - only 9 people were ejected over the 5 years. Which would include Howard Reihl and Dennis Klein. And yourself. Welcome back. 8-) YMMV
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Chronos

Nerd

Nerd

Post26 Jan 2012, 02:23

It's a new forum and a new opportunity. People won't be banned anymore at the discretion of just one person - so let's just let bygones be bygones and simply move forward. It will only be through a team effort that we can make this a place to come and enjoy our hobby.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jan 2012, 02:45

Absolutely. But understand more than half of the past ejections were done under group pressure. :mrgreen: As someone pointed out on another forum, people will go where they feel most comfortable or safe. Something about tigers in the room was the analogy they made. I'll try to watch the growing pains from the side-lines. 8-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Chronos

Nerd

Nerd

Post26 Jan 2012, 03:39

Please don't stay on the sidelines - there's a lot of people that could use your technical know-how to keep their watches running! Keeping the posts constructive and friendly is key...

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jan 2012, 18:35

Chronos wrote:Please don't stay on the sidelines - there's a lot of people that could use your technical know-how to keep their watches running! Keeping the posts constructive and friendly is key...
Sir, yes Sir !

Seriously, the adjustment hasn't been very hard for me since I voluntarily stepped down and sold this place, rather than being disposed. I come back [partly] because I've been coming here so long I actually worry about this place - and I don't even WEAR watches. Or any jewelry - skin sensitivity thing. At some point I will take an extended break and THEN, hopefully, come back and be a useful contributing member again.

Constructive & friendly is sometimes a problem since the Internet draws in a certain number of posers who don't know squat - which is irritating to those who actually do. :lol: There is nothing wrong with not knowing but bragging far beyond one's actual capabilities/reality is just plain boorish - the online equivalent of the "Napoleonic Complex" realized. Or maybe the Peter Principle? :-?

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jan 2012, 20:29

Maybe we should start a new topic for discussions about the past and problems some users had with Ed. Or even a separate subforum? There seems to be demand ;-)

Back to topic here:
I always used to enter DWF via a bookmarked link to "View unread posts". This does not work any more, I have to log in every time (positive effect: I won't forget my password any more). Happens with or without session ID in the URL. Of course "Keep logged in" is checked.

Caruso

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Jan 2012, 00:28

The not staying logged in is really getting annoying now!
Check out my vintage digital channel on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/danhay1137

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Jan 2012, 10:57

It´s getting annoying 4 days after the start of this forum??? Doesn´t seem to be a general problem here. Try to clear your cookies, the forum setting seems to be OK. BTW what browser do you use and which system?

Hanno.

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post27 Jan 2012, 20:38

Deleting cookies didn't help
Tried with IE8 and Chrome
As soon as I re-enter without session ID (or expired ID?), I have to login. Even though I marked this site as "trusted site" in IE.
Did work with old DWF.nu and still works with any other site I visit.

Adam

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Jan 2012, 21:19

I also keep having to login each time I go to post or reply to a thread even when there are seconds apart. Im on a Mac running Firefox and OSX 10.5

regards

adam
http://www.digital-watch.com - online database of 2000+ watches, manuals and adverts from the 70s-90s
http://www.vintagelcd.com - Vintage Digital Watches for sale

Seiko Kid

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Jan 2012, 21:58

Spoke to hanno about this - he has the cookies disabled and is still in the "learning" process of his new site and how it works.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post28 Jan 2012, 17:51

I can stay logged in now. Just tested it with IE9. Will run a test with FF in a few minutes...

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post28 Jan 2012, 19:49

Staying logged in seems to work now. Thanks!

Caruso

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Jan 2012, 00:30

I can stay logged in now too...Good work! 8-)
Check out my vintage digital channel on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/danhay1137

Adam

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post31 Jan 2012, 18:17

Im still not getting any notifications or any PMs. Are these working for anyone else?

Adam
http://www.digital-watch.com - online database of 2000+ watches, manuals and adverts from the 70s-90s
http://www.vintagelcd.com - Vintage Digital Watches for sale

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Post31 Jan 2012, 19:57

I don't get a notification email when I have a PM. This used to work on dwf.nu

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post01 Feb 2012, 10:45

Thanks for the info, I am working on that issue.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post09 Feb 2012, 10:47

The mail notification should work right now. Do you get PM notifications? I do! Hanno.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post09 Feb 2012, 11:13

yes it works..niceeeee :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Feb 2012, 14:08

I´ve tried several things to make to top banner clickable. That´s not easy, because there´re quite a lot of buttons "over" the main image. Once I set a link, all other buttons will get the same link as the main header image.

Anyway, the make browsing easier, you now have a "HOME" button on the upper right of the header.

Hanno.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post26 Feb 2012, 21:03

i was staring at the board main page and thinking...what is wrong here???

did Hanno change the server back to Dwf instead of this "way to long name" to type? :twisted: no
did he changed the led part back into differend boards for easy finding?...:no
did he want to give all the boards moderators a ledmodule for free for helping him? :-D : no :twisted:
did he post a naked pictures of his wife in the humor section? :O`~ : no

and suddenly i saw it...i saw a picture of my watch...my pulsar 901 calculator watch..in the banner :-D from now
i have to ask royalties M:)W:)M

great banner Hanno..love it. great work.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Feb 2012, 21:43

Wait a bit to see a Seiko E-Ink as well. I like a static banner, but hopefully the majority of users prefer the new one.
Thanks again to Abe for these great pictures. I even show an image of a Casio Data Bank: I once found a much earlier version of this watch, the Data Bank 50, when I´ve been in the Alps for skiing around 1983 or 84. It had a scratch from one of my skies. It fell on the floor in the mid 90s and I couldn´t bring it back to life. :cry:

Hanno.
PreviousNext

Return to New Forum: Problems and Proposals