It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 07:16

Seiko G757 weak alarm

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

mikenj

Seiko G757 weak alarm

Post30 Jan 2013, 16:14

Hi,

I am looking for advice on how to troubleshoot and repair the alarm on my G757. The sound element came loose in the case and it seems to only produce a very faint sound. While active, it also appears that the alarm is drawing too much current which causes the display to fade.

Is there a good guide/thread somewhere on how to approach the repair of the alarm for these kinds of watches?

I have searched the archives and didn't find much though that may be to my poor search skills.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Seiko G757 weak alarm

Post30 Jan 2013, 21:49

hi Mike,

i presume you all ready had a look at the tech guide
http://www.digitalwatchlibrary.com/images/seiko_manuals/G757A.pdf
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

mikenj

Post31 Jan 2013, 01:16

Kasper,

Thanks -- No I hadn't. I will check out its recommendations.

Mike

mikenj

Post14 Mar 2013, 14:59

Hi,

My son has been wearing this and I finally got a chance to check it out. It seems that whenever the alarm fires, the display dims as if there is a voltage drop. A fresh battery lasted 2 months in it when my son brought it back to me. I checked the voltage at the spring contact and I'm not really seeing any. The manual says to check resistance at the coil which I am reluctant to do as I have to disassemble the movement to get at it.

The piezo element has come unglued and doesn't look to be in great shape. There seems to be a small shiny spot on the movement side which may have aligned with the spring, but it is hard to tell.

So I am looking for advice on what steps/tests I can take before I start taking the movement apart.

Also, does anyone know if a replacement piezo element is available?

Thanks

Mike

Return to Electronical