It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:07

Mercury solar LCD quartz & nsc LCD chrono

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

MacSki

Nerd

Nerd

Mercury solar LCD quartz & nsc LCD chrono

Post27 Mar 2013, 12:06

Gents, don't know what is (if anything) wrong with these as they're in transit but are these easy to work on? Are the spare parts easily available? Are these watches collectible? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Re: Mercury solar LCD quartz & nsc LCD chrono

Post27 Mar 2013, 16:36

these are late 70's China or Hong Kong LCD's...not very much collectible.
as for parts, well they might be sourced if you find another piece, even if the brand will be different.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Mercury solar LCD quartz & nsc LCD chrono

Post27 Mar 2013, 20:07

I think the Mercury is darling - anything solar gets points in my book just for their(companies) shear effort and enthusiasm. The NSC appears to be a 1/100 second chronograph/stopwatch model, which might be fun - but maybe difficult to replace the movement on. Neither would fetch big money but we've seen lesser things in other's collections. Hard/easy to work on is relative to your skills, but I think they are good, basic starters. HAppy hunting!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

MacSki

Nerd

Nerd

Thanks azimuth_pl & retroleds yes, you're .../>

Post28 Mar 2013, 11:09

right about the difficulty level. Let's see 'em first - I'm kinda hoping it's just a matter of cleaning the battery terminals and/or putting in fresh batteries :scratch: If not I'll try the net as suggested by azimuth_pl. We'll see. So they might be made in HK or PRC, still it's the whole fun of collecting. :grin1:

Return to Electronical