It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:52

I'm not new but I am to this forum

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

• Location: The Royal County of Berkshire, UK. Where the Queen of England Lives :)

I'm not new but I am to this forum

Post15 Oct 2014, 00:10

Hi Everyone. :-)

Ok, where to start. Well, It was the late 70's and I was about 10 years old and a big fan of the Bionic man. Well, they only went and released a Bionic man watch, it was LED and I was bought it by my grandmother. I loved it, it was so cool, and utter rubbish as it never kept time. A friend in School had a Casio LCD and each day we'd compare the time and laugh at how horribly inaccurate my watch was. [note to self] hey, perhaps my watch was correct and his was wrong!! [/]

So, fast forward a couple of years and I decided to take it apart to check out the space age internals and the result of that wasn't good for the watch. It died.

Moving forward, a few months ago and I just happened to search for Bionic man watch on Ebay and apart from seeing the crazy prices broken ones were selling for ($200+), I chanced upon the Pulsar P2, two in fact. an early P2 and a Date II P2. It was Love at first sight :O`~ . Both were immaculate and complete and very expensive!!. Anyway, I ended up buying both and then proceeded to buy two more P2's (inc a cheaper one for wearing every day) , along with a P3, a big time P4 and now a P4 classic currently being shipped from the US.

And I love them all. :amen:

It's not all good news however, I found my initial expensive P2 was gaining a minute a day so i sent it to the USA for repair plus I purchased a new 'modern' module to go with it from the same repairer, I paid up front too. Sadly, I've not even had a 'Your watch has arrived safely' email (which it has, weeks ago) and he hasn't replied to my emails or message sent via Ebay so as you can imagine, I feel like an idiot who's been conned, or at least I did until I found out that 'Bruce' Weggman frequents this forum and knows his stuff. Can I have an update then Bruce?

and to everyone else, Hello :Hi:

I'll post a family shot of my Pulsars soon and when I get my P2 back from Bruce, I'll send some pictures of that one too. :-)

Neil
Last edited by Retroriley on 15 Oct 2014, 12:52, edited 3 times in total.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: I'm not new but I am to this forum

Post15 Oct 2014, 09:45

Welcome to the forum Neil, looking forward to seeing those photo's!

"willkommen"

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

• Location: The Royal County of Berkshire, UK. Where the Queen of England Lives :)

Post15 Oct 2014, 11:39

Pictures as promised. :-D

The watch missing from the box in the 'group' photo is my P2 that Bruce currently has.(I'll post pictures of that watch later.)
WP_20141015_001.jpg

Next up is my Big Face P4. I really like the style of this one and it looks really modern
IMG_0907.jpg

And my only P3 I currently have although I'm looking for another one with Solid links.
I do have the box etc for this but not to hand so not included in the photos I'm afraid.
IMG_0908.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Retroriley on 15 Oct 2014, 14:01, edited 2 times in total.

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post15 Oct 2014, 11:43

Here are my P2's I have in my possession at the moment.

My daily wear
IMG_0909.jpg

My P2 which is lovely except the 'PULSAR' stamp has the L & S too close together! 70's quality control!!
IMG_0902.jpg

And a stunning condition P2 Date II, photos do not do credit to how perfect this is.
IMG_0904.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Retroriley on 15 Oct 2014, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post15 Oct 2014, 11:50

Now then, Here is my other P2 that Bruce Weggman currently has but appears to have gone aground with. It's utterly stunning.
I took some photo's of it prior to sending.

Sadly, here is the only thing I have to show for it!!! BRUCE !!!
IMG_0899.jpg

The watch !
IMG_0842.jpg

And it's serial number
IMG_0835.jpg
Last edited by Retroriley on 15 Oct 2014, 12:55, edited 2 times in total.

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post15 Oct 2014, 11:52

So, I'm currently waiting for a P4 Classic from America which is on it's way :-) and to get my P2 back :bang:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post15 Oct 2014, 13:15

Thanks for sharing the photo's. :-D

Hopefully you can now resolve your issues with Bruce privately. :amen:

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post15 Oct 2014, 13:58

bucko170 wrote:Hopefully you can now resolve your issues with Bruce privately. :amen:

I certainly hope so, I have sent him a polite PM as have all my Emails to date. Of course, I have no reason to suspect that I shan't get my watch back but I also know that what is happening in my instance is not an isolated incident either . People who know me (there are a couple on here) know that I am a good person, friendly and helpful so expect the same in return, and it costs nothing and takes no time at all to drop them a friendly update. As I type this I am completely in the dark, have no idea at all what is happening to my watch (my best!) and when I expect it returned. It is Stressful !

I shall see if Bruce replies to my PM. ;*

[Update] I suspect Bruce's inbox is full as my PM to him isn't being shown in my Send Messages tab. Still, I've not had a reply from him on this thread so what can I do :scratch:
Last edited by Retroriley on 16 Oct 2014, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post15 Oct 2014, 20:30

Welcome to the board...that are some nice pieces you bought in just a couple of months. "willkommen"
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Chronos

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Oct 2014, 00:14

Welcome!

Well, I wouldn't necessarily expect much from PM's. I used to be a moderator here, until one day, out of the clear blue, I logged in, and found out I was no longer a moderator! I PM'd the owner of the site, Hanno, several times, days apart - nothing. Now I would never add "LED watch forum moderator" to my bucket list, but it would have been nice to hear something back explaining what happened...

As far as Bruce, a quick search on the forum shows this has been a problem in the past with threads such as "TAKE THE MONEY THE WATCH AND RUN!" or "anyone ealse having problems contacting bruce wegmann", or "been trying to get hold of bruce wegmann".

I believe he's an honest guy, but I don't understand this kind of behavior. He beat me out on an auction last week, so we know he's alive - I just don't get why he has time to buy stuff on e-bay (as well as post feedback on e-bay) - yet can't find the time to even shoot off a quick e-mail to someone who's paid him money and wants to know what happened to their beloved watch?

Anyway, my guess is, in time, he'll contact you and you'll have your watch back working like new.

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Oct 2014, 08:24

Is site owner Hanno, Ebay user Nicole!!

JUst requested details about a watch if so, and got a prompt reply. :)

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post17 Oct 2014, 09:47

Hi all,

-one of our forum rules is that we don't discuss our problems with other users here in the open. This is not the place for it. You can always do it private or contact other members here for advice.
Forumrules : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7147
-We know Bruce as a guy you can trust but with his own time schedule. Don't forget most of us have a normal other job outside the board here.

Have fun
Kasper
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Oct 2014, 13:40

Kasper wrote:Hi all,

-one of our forum rules is that we don't discuss our problems with other users here in the open. This is not the place for it. You can always do it private or contact other members here for advice.
Forumrules : http://www.newdwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7147
-We know Bruce as a guy you can trust but with his own time schedule. Don't forget most of us have a normal other job outside the board here.

Have fun
Kasper

Fair comment and rules, now if Bruce would just reply to this thread and say 'all is well' (three words :) ) instead of silence then I'd be happy again!

btw, I have a full time job, I am a moderator on another forum and have another hobby (Peugeot Sports Club) which also takes some of my time. I have two children (time sink), a wife and I'm always doing something for somebody and yet, I somehow manage to keep in touch with people.

Still, the watch only cost me a little over $1000 (with boxes, paperword etc) and another $237 to Bruce so hey, it's not important at all. :scratch:

c'mon Bruce, just put me out of my misery please :-(

btw, a new addition, a P4 Classic DOW has arrived. Something else to polish :)
I'm after a really mint SS P3 now for best, no rush though.

Retroriley

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Oct 2014, 21:09

Bruce has been in touch via PM, thank you for the detailed update. :-)

.....and my new P4 Classic DOW arrived today, I stuck it in my P3's Box that Id left in work and wasn't in the other photo's .

So, It's been a good day :-D

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post18 Oct 2014, 08:51

Very pleased that the forum was able to help in this instance and thank you for updating the post to say that Bruce had been in contact to provided you with the information you required.

Now that your initial objective has been achieved I am going to lock this thread but please continue to update the forum with photo's of your latest watches. :-D

Return to Members of DWF