It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:17

New Guy here

A great place to make your first posting.
  • Author

Abduksion

New Guy here

Post10 Jan 2015, 01:37

I don't know much about Digital Watches although some of my first watches were digital. As I got older I started
getting into analog watches but been looking at vintage LED watches and started to like them. For
someone like me who was born in 1985 its hard to imagine someone dropping $4k for a digital 18kt solid gold
watch like some of the Pulsar models back in the 1970's. :scratch:

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Re: New Guy here

Post10 Jan 2015, 10:31

Hi there Abduksion and welcome to the forum.
Once you have joined and browsed your favorite bits you might get the bug so be careful.
Not everybody would spend a fortune on a gold digital watch but then again these few watches were marketed at a specific audience who had everything money could buy.
Also nowadays people rush into stores to buy that brand new iPhone 6 (or maybe already 7 or 10?) and are eager to pay the premium although cost wise it is not even worth half of its retail price. I guess marketers used a similar psychological effect in the 70's to convince people that they must own something extraordinary.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

grenchat

Geek

Geek

Post15 Jan 2015, 15:33

Abduksion wrote:I don't know much about Digital Watches although some of my first watches were digital. As I got older I started
getting into analog watches but been looking at vintage LED watches and started to like them. For
someone like me who was born in 1985 its hard to imagine someone dropping $4k for a digital 18kt solid gold
watch like some of the Pulsar models back in the 1970's. :scratch:

"willkommen"

Yes, it sure is hard to imagine someone plunking down 4K for the gold Pulsar when a new car (including analog dashboard clock) could be purchased in the '70s for a few dollars more. M:)W:)M

Enjoy!
Jason
"We are showroom dummies"- Kraftwerk

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post15 Jan 2015, 18:59

Welcome to the forum Abduksion, have fun :-D

"willkommen"

Return to Members of DWF