It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:31

Need help with repair

For electronic related stuff like module repair, silver epoxy fixes etc.
  • Author

fishhead

Need help with repair

Post18 Aug 2015, 05:51

I'm trying to fix my old Bulova LCD and I am not getting anywhere. There is no display at all, the battery is good. I'm good at fixing electronics but I have never fixed a watch before. I removed the LCD and module. There is no visible corrosion anywhere. I'm not sure how to take it apart any further. Can anyone tell me where I should be taking voltage measurements? Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Need help with repair

Post18 Aug 2015, 16:02

Hi and welcome to the board from all us. Just leave the battery in the watch for a week and see what happens. Sometimes It takes a few days to start.
:dwf:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

fishhead

Post19 Aug 2015, 06:35

Thanks for the info Kasper. The battery has been in for about a week now and it is not working. I just found that when the light button is pressed the light does turn on. It seems like the LCD screen is getting power if the light turns on. Any other ideas?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post19 Aug 2015, 19:04

Good sign if light is working...wait a little longer..still nothing...open it all up and try to gently clean the contacts. If you are not sure, take pictures of every action you do for rememberence. Put it back together and see if it's better now.
This is always my first steps.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

fishhead

Post20 Aug 2015, 06:14

I figured out how to take it apart further today. I did find a small amount of corrosion but not too bad. I cleaned it and reassembled it but still not working. Maybe I'll give it a few days like you suggest. Do LCD screens normally go bad like this? I assume if it is a problem with the LCD there is nothing that can be done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Electronical