Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Pobeda Soviet ana-digi

Post03 May 2016, 22:15

I saw this, had to have it :)
Time in 24h format, date month day, alarm, countdown, stopwatch and the year can be set between 1982 and 2000.

Andrew Babanin

Techie

Techie

Re: Pobeda Soviet ana-digi

Post03 May 2016, 23:52

congratulations!
Quite rare and interesting model of early 90s.

I've got a few Electronikas 59B and normal Elektronika 59 (in Pobeda (Victory) version). For now it is w/ correct glass

The proof of the pudding is in the eating...

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post04 May 2016, 21:34

Thank you! You examples are cool too, especially the gold colored one with the luxury light function :)

Andrew Babanin

Techie

Techie

Post04 May 2016, 23:58

Thank you. In 59 and 59B only displays are the same. The cirquit blocks and analog movts are different. I still didn't recognize Pobeda's movt, maybe Poljot, as to 59B - based on Luch 1656A caliber (also Minsk).

A few more pics:

Interesting variant - made in USSR, but with Tzar symbolics, the cirquit block of 59B

There was also Poljot 2968

and Chaika - I have with bad display - quite rare watch with Luch cirquit block and Luch analog movt based on 1656A

Andrew Babanin

Techie

Techie

Post16 Sep 2017, 01:28

Soviets thied the best to make ana-digi watches. Every factory had smth interesting in collection. Most of these wathes were ready to 1990-1991. As to beginning of this story, maybe 1986-1987.
The first two has Luch module. Chaika is qte plain watch, as to luch, based on the common caliber, it has smart crown. There are no extra buttons, all manipulations with alarm, stop watch and time (day) correction are made by crown. I would say this watch wasn't in mass production, only a few protos are known.
Poljot 2968 also has smart crown, but it still has one button. Poljot had made very small qty of these watches, so they are very hard to find.
It is very interesting, but Luch, Chaika and Poljot has week names in English, being completely russian watches. I think - the answer is in fashion on all english in the beginning of 90-s plus many adantages for export. Elektronika 59B and Elektronika 59 (Pobeda) - the last two watches - has common functions and the same display, but they are completely different watches. The first one is based on Luch 1656 (analog part), the second one on the Luch 23**. The modules are completely different.

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches