Guru

Guru

A smart watch for Kasper?

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Re: A smart watch for Kasper?

Post24 Jul 2017, 20:12

Looks well made but with so little info actually on the watch face can't see it taking over.
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post25 Jul 2017, 08:10

The whole idea of a smartwatch is less looking and grabbing my mobile phone. Why do i have to look at a flahing light if i also hear my phone going off :bang: ..its bluetooth so my mobile phone is only max 10 m away.
Pebble still the way to go... i can see who is calling, what they are saying (sms, whatsapp, skype etc) and decide to grab my phone to answer or not. Most of the time its just info (alarm, sms, phonecall that is not that important to answer right away etc)
Btw 1.5 cm thick...wow this will look nice on my thinn wrist...a brick, and dont forget the weight.

still waiting for the next pebble ( btw i have 3 pebble watches..steel, round and color) the steel is still the way to go. The round is my wifes watch.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post25 Jul 2017, 18:23

You'll be waiting some time dude they gone pop. :cry:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/12/0 ... ls_pebble/

I thought you'd come round to my way of thinking about the steel in the end Kasper. :grin1:
Mines a black one. Has yours required the crazy screen fix yet?
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post26 Jul 2017, 10:24

Yes i know they sold they software part to Fitbit and dumped the hardware part but you can still buy them at amazon.
And it is still the best hardware/software part combination around. The steel version is the way to go...Works perfect, 7 days batt (mine with a lot of alarms and notification), display always on, special corning anti mirror gorillaglass cover (sill not a scratch after 6 months, impressive), not to big, not to small, not to thick, sits perfect around my wrist and waterproof.
No, i dont want to make phonecall on my wrist, just quick replies if i'm busy and that works perfect. No i dont want to write blogposts, forumposts, long sms, whatsapps or facebookposts etc on my wrist, i have a pc, tablet and a mobilephone for this.
Hearttracker/steps is a plus but if i'm in need of my body exploration, i will buy something dedicated for this ;-)

A watch has to be....first..beautiful, then practical in that sequence. And the pebble steel is still the best combination out there. I wear the gold steel version and i'm looking to buy the silver version as well.

Yes i follow the smartwatch market but still nothing on the horizon that beats the pebble. Shame on all the other smartwatch makers, doing such a bad job. They have the money but not the balls to innovate, they just want to make easy money. No i wasn't talking about the i thinges :-D :grin1:
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

- Kasper -

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post27 Jul 2017, 22:37

So the way I read it after some digging is that pebble sold to Fitbit knowing that they would drop the pebble servers by end of 2017.
Fit bit thinking that will free up a pile of new buyers for their goods.

Pebble bravely slogged on for some time before they finally caved in, and after securing as many employees jobs as they could and still giving full refunds to all sales that can't be satisfied/fulfilled.
Now pebble could have let fitbit get away with that, but they haven't:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/04/ ... are-update

They figured out a way to make it work the best they could without servers. Well done Pebble and up yours Fit F'in Bit. :ha: !@@!
Well that's the way I see it although I could be wrong. :scratch:

Also as it's open source and the top brass have very little to loose let's hope they still love their baby enough not to ever give up on it fully.

Still the best smart watch by a country mile, imo.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post28 Jul 2017, 12:58

I suppose the AW is not as good?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post28 Jul 2017, 19:07

Don,t let me write an review of the Apple watch. :bang:
It's the typical view of a big company's top management. They have the money but not the brains to make something themselve. People around the 50 with pockets full of money and only enjoying themselves with buying and making beautiful things and gadgets just for themselves. If it don't exist or our company doesn't have it, we let other people make it. But the only rule is that it has to be beautiful so we can show it off to other People or other business executives.
So then the copycats starts, people with no idea how to make watches showing off designs, one even more beautiful like the other. It's like looking to all these 3d concept drawings online of all sorts of things. All stuff that is impossible to make in real life.
Then the exec comes in and looks at these drawings and starts to imagine the impossible. In his back mind he knows it's just not possible to make what he is dreaming off but he the company's money is burning in his pockets.... It's not his money so who cares.
Then they start building the watch... Oh lord what have we done but it's too late. The execs can not loose eyesight, no they are superior to everybody, they are God, so then they push it trough. The propaganda machine starts and month after month they new gadget delivery delays and all that is left is just a beautiful watch :lol: just a beautiful watch M:)W:)M

A smartwatch with a touchscreen... You must be joking... Imagine our fat fingers trying to touch a small moving button in 20 others moving small buttons... Hilarious... What were they thinking? But hey it's a beautiful watch :-D
Oogh don't drop it from a table... Glass broke... Sorry we don't give glass insurance. .. But hey it's a beautiful watch M:)W:)M
1 to 2 days batt...I rest my case... But hey it's a beautiful watch.

:Prost:

- Kasper -

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post28 Jul 2017, 19:13

I'm order new glass for this. They girl who the watch is from dropped it from the table. Just one month old.. That's 280 euro just for new glass said the ithinges exec and the girl started to cry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Kasper -

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post29 Jul 2017, 13:05

Kasper wrote:I'm order new glass for this. They girl who the watch is from dropped it from the table. Just one month old.. That's 280 euro just for new glass said the ithinges exec and the girl started to cry.

I get the impression that the AW is not you cup of tea, Kasper.

Return to Smartwatches