Owners of VINTAGE DSM and LCD watches post their topics over here
  • Author

cte

Techie

Techie

Help. Where does the battery go? Sanyo R10P

Post31 Jul 2017, 19:38

I am stuck lol. And I am hoping for some help before I break the watch. :grin1:

The watch takes two batteries (one for watch, one for radio). Does anyone have any idea where the watch battery goes? Do you think I have to pull the internal board out? There are tiny delicate wires on the board and tuning knobs on the side that look difficult to move and easy to break. I think the battery compartment that is visible is for the radio (ive tested it and noise/static come out of the earphone when I have an LR44 battery installed).

Any ideas? :scratch:

Thank you! :mrgreen:

Old Tom

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Help. Where does the battery go? Sanyo R10P

Post01 Aug 2017, 16:26

Two possibilities- 1. The 381 battery could go directly under the 357 battery- prise the insulator up and have a look underneath to see if there is a cavity for it ( a couple of Storm/Fossil watches have batteries stacked like this- the Navigator model has three which always manages to fox jewellers!) and 2. You do have to remove the three screws and take the circuit board out- it does look like the two radio knobs are designed to slide off when the circuit board is free (one definitely slides out and the other looks to have a square section axle, like the Citizen DO31 radio watch, which should slide out). The ferrite aerial rod seems to be attached to the circuit board by a copper looking mounting bracket which should mean it safely comes away with the circuit board.

cte

Techie

Techie

Post01 Aug 2017, 22:22

Thank you so much for your reply. I will attempt everything you mentioned when I rerun home tomorrow. I did try removing the 3 screws and gently prying the board up but it seems to be fixed solid in certain places. I was particularly worried about breaking some of the solder points. At the end of the day, I won't mind too much if I break the radio part, as long as the watch runs. Thanks again Tom. :-D I will post how I get on.

cte

Techie

Techie

Post02 Aug 2017, 13:01

Thank you Tom! :mrgreen: It was underneath the other battery. I would never have thought to look there.

Unfortunately the watch does not work 100%. When I inserted the new battery, nothing happened. Then, after about a minute, the display came on. I can set it and it seems to keep time but the display is kinda corrupt and sometimes it flashes or goes off completely. I've tried cleaning the battery connections but it hasn't made any difference. Oh well. :roll:

Return to Vintage DSM and LCD Watches