It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:15

help - vintage Tissot LED watch

• Author

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

help - vintage Tissot LED watch

Post27 Jul 2018, 16:05

Hi, I bought this because I was intrigued by it.
While I am not an expert in vintage LED watches, I know at least that a vintage Tissot LED watch may be rarely seen, so they are mostly collector items, as one may see/read on the excellent Magic Digital website:
http://www.digitalwatches.de/index.htm? ... _Damen.htm
http://www.digitalwatches.de/index.htm? ... ilbern.htm
http://www.digitalwatches.de/index.htm? ... Tissot.htm
Thus, can You help me with some information regarding the production period, the module etc of the TISSOT LED - Modele Depose 1013 (=Registered Model) - presented below ??? :scratch:

The Tissot Label on the crystal:

The caseback with Tissot Modele Depose (=Registered Model) 1013 inscription:

The watch display at a single button press either HOUR:MINUTES or MONTH:DAY and SECONDS... only by pressing long the upper right button:

The vintage TISSOT LED watch, sporting now a genuine Roberto Cavalli RED and MATCHING leather strap in a vintage Tissot box:

Thanks in advance for any kind of infos You may provide,
:dwf:
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Re: help - vintage Tissot LED watch

Post02 Aug 2018, 21:42

By the orientation of the buttons and the look of the display I’d say it’s a National Semiconductor module inside, they are reliable modules so should last a long time with careful use and quality batteries.

As for the other information you requested I’am sure more learned members will be along to tell you some history regrading your watch.

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Aug 2018, 16:21

Thanks a lot for your kind answer and all the information provided. :Prost:
Best Regards,
Every watch should have its own story...consequently, a watch collector has to be a good storyteller :)

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post04 Aug 2018, 19:47

Led-Time wrote: As for the other information you requested I’am sure more learned members will be along to tell you some history regrading your watch.

Yet, I still hope that some other "more learned members " regarding vintage LED watches, may and/or will provide me some answers related to this particular watch, especially since the vintage LED watches are on my "kryptonite" side :eek: of vintage watches collection's expertise... :grin1:
Otherwise, on my side of "expertise" - regarding other LCD/Digital Watches and/or some very rare non-digitals - I already think that I did my share for this nice forum in the last 2-3 years... as everybody may verify... :-(
Anyway, thanks in advance for any kind of info, regarding my above mentioned request...
Regards,

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post08 Aug 2018, 14:49

Great watch...but i can't help you with more info on the watch. I have the 2 others here but thats all.

IMG_20130214_221242.jpg

Yeah it's slow here ...holiday season :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Aug 2018, 17:53

Thanks Kasper for the replay and the photos with Your vintage Tissot LED watches.
Outstanding watches, especially the Stainless Steel one.. :mega:
Are they in a working condition? :scratch:

And I saw that at least one of Yours is a (ladies?) Tissot Research LED...?
I am asking, because I already have also a unisex Tissot Research LED watch with original bracelet - ALL Stainless Steel / SS, but in a not working condition, as one may see in the following pictures:
The watch face (my watch):
The original Tissot Research LED's original bracelet (also my watch):
And the module inside it...module's images from the Ebay seller of another identical one and unfortunately not available anymore on Ebay ... because I did not opened mine yet! :grin1: :
The LED module inside the case:
The upper face of the LED module:

Thus, can somebody identify at least this particular LED module?
Thanks again and best regards,

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post10 Aug 2018, 23:28

I’am sure I’ve come across one of those modules before, is that a black metal case around the PCB.

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Post26 Aug 2018, 18:53

Hi Gang,

I agree with Led-Time, I think this module was, indeed, made by National Semiconductor. In fact, I'm pretty certain that National Semiconductor made special versions for at least TWO other watch companies; Tissot, and LIP. Just a few weeks ago, a fellow in France asked me to sell him a National Semiconductor watch, or at least the module from it, BUT, he wanted an older, WM-01 module, as he said that that was what was in his LIP watch, originally...albeit, the module housing being slightly different, or at least, the way the battery connector was set up, on his original module. So, I sold him a U.S.-version WM-01 National Semiconductor watch, and he was able to successfully swap out the module housings, as the circuit boards, contacts & etc. were otherwise identical. Anyway, yes, I do think that this Tissot's module was supplied by National Semiconductor.

Cheers,
Charles ;-)

cybr

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Aug 2018, 14:52

Thanks a lot Led-Time and dodger1954 for your nice infos. :Prost:
BTW, I also have a functioning LED watch with a NS WM-04 LED module, preserved for the moment when I will find a Roger Tallon's LED Lip in a non-working condition at a good price :grin1:
Because, as one may read in the Doensen's book, the WM-04 was the genuine module for the beautiful SQUARE Tallon's LIP LED watches, while the other LIP Tallon's LEDs have had a WM-01 module inside!
"With a Novus WM 04 quartz four functions module. Released in 1975."
https://doensen.home.xs4all.nl/c23.html
But the NS WM modules that I am aware of, have dots on the screen and a specific shape for number 6 and 9, as one may see in the following picture from eBay (not my watch) - while the modulein my Tissot LED has not such dots or specific shapes for the numbers: :scratch:
Image from https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/kZUAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg
And while it was without dots and different 6 and 9 numbers, in my Tissot and in other very rare Tissot Research watches, what National Semiconductor LED modules may be in there??? :scratch:
Thanks again and best regards,

Return to All other LED watches