It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:37

Longines Pentagon led

• Author

P.C.

Nerd

Nerd

Longines Pentagon led

Post02 Dec 2018, 01:31

does anybody have a copy of the instruction manual they could scan to me or are able to explain how to st both the time and date , for example l'm having difficulty in figuring out how to change the month .
whilst messing around i think I've changed the position of the dot between the date and month but am not sure if it should be up or down....basically I'm totally confused!!

thanks Philip.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Longines Pentagon led

Post08 Dec 2018, 12:07

hi Philip, i have one of these watches but not the booklet. i seem to remember neither time or date being that straight forward to set, i'll dig it out this week and have a look. I think i just played around with it until i got it right by chance

P.C.

Nerd

Nerd

Post08 Dec 2018, 18:13

thanks gjlelec

any help would be really appreciated, i'm still not having any luck .

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post15 Dec 2018, 11:39

Hi Philip,

Did you manage to find the answer? - if not then it is as follows:

Minutes - press top setting button recess
Hours - press bottom setting button recess
Date and AM/PM indicator - press and hold left date display and then press and hold the right time display button and keep both pressed (date should display rather than time) then press the bottom setting button recess
Month - press and hold left date display button and then press the bottom setting button recess

Hope this helps.

Adrian

P.C.

Nerd

Nerd

Post15 Dec 2018, 18:04

thanks Adrian, I hadn't figured it out yet so your instructions were a great help. I've now got both the time and date set correctly .
The only thing i'm still not sure of is which 'dot' via the date month display is the am and which is pm. and how these are changed without affecting anything else.
One other bit of advice that you might be give is how would you recommend I try cleaning the small brass 'longines' name plate without risking removing black text.
My watch is excellent condition but the nameplate is slightly tarnished and dark due I expect to a buildup of finger prints etc. I was thinking of using a q-tip with hot water and soap?
Philip.

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post16 Dec 2018, 15:29

Hi Philip,

I'm glad you have it working. it is rather a special watch and one of my favorites. If you also like LCDs keep a look at for the same case/strap/button style in the LCD format (watch type 787.1). I really like it but some do not.

The am/pm dot when it is at the top represents am and at the bottom pm. When you hold the date display button and then the time button and hold both whilst you then press the bottom recess button you will see the dot move up and down for each day at each subsequent press. so 1 press may move it to the 1st of the month and pm. 2nd press for the 2nd day of the month but am. Third press for the 2nd of the month but pm and so on. If you are careful doing this no other settings will be changed.

For the Longines name plate I have used a cotton bud with a little rubbing alcohol without any issues.

If you really like this watch (they do not come up on auction sites very often) then its worth picking up another Sanyo module as a backup. Mines currently go one from a Chronosonic 100 watch when the original starting running double time. I must get round to sending the original to Hanno on this site who can repair or replace the module with a SASM version.

Enjoy your Pentagon.

Adrian

P.C.

Nerd

Nerd

Post16 Dec 2018, 15:48

Thanks again Adrian for your help and advice, I'll look out for a spare module as suggested. As to the lcd version. I do quite like it and to have a matching pair would be nice.
But I think the led version does looks better.
I do like the design of Longines first lcd watch as well as the dual lcd led display watch they made.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post20 Dec 2018, 21:52

I just dug mine out , fitted new batteries and used Adrians setting instructions. I always find the caseback very tight on this watch, i hate snap on casebacks, its easy to damage the case cover even with the correct tools. Certainly a stunning watch though and you dont tend to see many anymore

longinesspacehelmet012 (800x532).jpg

DSC_0010 (800x537).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

P.C.

Nerd

Nerd

Post21 Dec 2018, 07:00

nice pics! ,not looking forward to changing the batteries sounds tricky getting the back off... any tips?
Wish my brass plate was a clean ad shiny as yours .I'll have to try some rubbing alcohol as per Adrian's suggestion or possible some brasso polish? just don't want to remove the black lettering.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post23 Dec 2018, 22:28

A replacement module SASM91 for these watches with Sanyo Module is available now. Just in case a watch cannot be repaired. Hanno.

Return to All other LED watches