It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:25

BRUCE WEGMAN

• Author

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

BRUCE WEGMAN

Post15 Jun 2020, 17:00

Im sorry to be spamming the forum with this but im just curious if anyone has talked to Bruce lately? Before I start contacting the police about him not returning my watches I want to make sure he isnt sick or anything. Ive exhausted all resources to contact him. His phone voicemail is full or isnt set up so I cant leave a message. He hasnt responded to any of my emails. Its approaching a year that I sent him watches for repair. If I dont hear from anyone soon I'll assume he is okay and proceed with filing a police report. Thanks for everyones time and again I apologize for these posts I just have no idea where to turn at this point.

jdavid

Re: BRUCE WEGMAN

Post15 Jun 2020, 21:17

Hi primepulsar, have you tried contacting Bruce via eBay he is still listing his case back openers and battery spacers.
Cheers Dave.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post16 Jun 2020, 02:17

I have multiple times and I have messaged on all his listings. His user name is oneyguy51 correct?

jdavid

Post16 Jun 2020, 08:36

Yes that's correct, sorry it's of no help.
Cheers Dave.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post16 Jun 2020, 13:37

I just sent him messages on all his listings so we'll see what happens. I just cant wrap my head around whats going on. I sent the watches to him knowing he might not be able to fix them and I was fine with that. They didnt function perfectly when I sent them so if they dont function now I dont care. I just want the cases and the modules back.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post27 Jun 2020, 02:16

I had my buddy message him through eBay and he reponded to him pretty quickly. So he’s definitely been ignoring my messages. It just so strange. Why steal a P2 and a Date 2?

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post27 Jun 2020, 23:23

Don’t you have some kind of online fraud/cyber crime dept over there? Over here we have action fraud

Andrew Babanin

Techie

Techie

Post27 Jun 2020, 23:48

It is normal. You feel a bit aggressive, he feels a coward. That's normal. I recommend you to be max delicate and pragmatic. It is very hard to Bruce to feel fail. Please help him to stay a hero. I know this situation, appreciate Bruce, it will help him to solve his crisis.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating...

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post28 Jun 2020, 04:15

My intent is not to sound aggressive but it’s coming up on a year he’s had my watches and I’ve tried being as nice as possible and giving him the benefit of the doubt the entire time. I think it’s reasonable for me to be upset at this point. As far as cyber crimes go I don’t think this would qualify. It’s theft so I can report it to the police in his area which I’m doing Monday if I don’t get a response.

Ole Joe

Geek

Geek

Post28 Jun 2020, 15:59

I haven't posted here in several years but read the new messages daily. I have read many posts over the years concerning individuals who send their timepieces to Bruce Wegman for repair and have to fight tooth and nail to get them back. He obviously ignores posts when they start asking about the return of their property in six months to year after he has had them for repair. That alone sure tells you a lot about his repair skills. Individuals should, and have every right to file a theft report with their local police agency if possible. I feel you must be aggressive with people like Bruce, problems or not. On the subject of being aggressive, I know first hand that Bruce is aggressive when it comes to him being on the other end of the stick. I once sold him a Frontier watch module which I had listed on E-bay. He received the module the day after I shipped it, as we live only 85 miles apart. I received a message via E-Bay stating the module I had shipped did not work. He requested I call him to discuss the situation. Every module I have ever sold had been checked for proper functioning numerous times prior to shipping and right before shipping, so I was very puzzled as to what the problem could be. I immediately called him but had to wait for his return call. When he did call, first thing he stated was the module I shipped him was bad. We discussed how he had tested the module and his answer seemed reasonable. I then suggested a simple method of testing which only involved the module its self to eliminate any problems with the case. He complied with my request and stated the module did not work. I then ask him if he could use a new set of batteries which he did. I wish I had been there to see the look on his face, he must have been very embarrassed when the module worked as advertised. Again, this should be a good indication of his skills. I'm sure Bruce will reply to this post and claim it never happened but I can assure all that it did take place as I've described.

jdavid

Post28 Jun 2020, 20:12

Hi Joe, nice to see you back and to see some plain speaking.
Regards Dave.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post28 Jun 2020, 21:49

I second that post, good to know you are well Joe.

Some people get into a rut pretty quickly. Shoulda woulda and coulda all get involved and turn into “its too late now so I will ignore and hope it goes away”.

Bruce, please, get in contact.

geoff

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post28 Jun 2020, 22:18

Yeah in hindsight I guess I should have done a little more research before sending them to him. I just assumed he was a standup guy since he was so active on the forum. I feel like the police should be able to get the ball rolling when I call. At least I hope.

coconutman351

Wizard

Wizard

Post28 Jun 2020, 23:48

I did purchase a couple of Pulsars sports models from him in 2009 and the transaction was smooth and I've talked with him on several occasions over the phone also. He does seem to be a perfectionist with regards to case refinishing work. Good luck and I hope your will get your watches back soon.

Andrew Babanin

Techie

Techie

Post29 Jun 2020, 05:03

Ok. What we have. The broken watch and a person named a thief. That's true. He had broken negotiations and privated a bit of nothing. All we know that broken electronic watch 99% costs nothing. What are the motifs? there's no gain, but simple cowardness… He had reputation here, but after all he chosen the best way for him - to be quiet. We should help him to solve this problem more delicate. It is pity' he chose this way. He finished his business in the internet. Please change tactics for a result. He do not want to stay a coward. The matter is not in the stolen broken watch, no profit for it. Please describe the situation for me in private. What watches with what problems u've sent him. Please leave me emails and phone nums. I will try to make a bridge to his ego.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating...

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post02 Jul 2020, 14:50

According to the San Diego PD this wouldnt be considered a criminal case since I sent the watches to him but they did say it would be a civil case so I can sue him in small claims court. Cool thing about San Diego small claims court is I can call in for the case and dont have to be present in court. So I guess im going that route unless Bruce contacts me. Again Bruce, if you are reading this I do not want to go this route but you have left me no choice. This would be resolved if you just contact me and send the watches back.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post18 May 2021, 17:23

In case you forgot the situation Bruce, here is one of the threads.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post26 May 2021, 12:44

So you still haven’t sued him yet? What are you waiting for? If you’re waiting for the ignorant prick to contact you it seems you’ll be dead before that happens.

primepulsar

Geek

Geek

Post26 May 2021, 18:44

Its just such a process since I live in a completely different state.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton