It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:20

Pulsar woman’s sport bracelet

• Author

Shiniquiet

Nerd

Nerd

Pulsar woman’s sport bracelet

Post13 Sep 2020, 14:35

So...I got for my wife a Lady’s Pulsar Sport for our wedding anniversary a few months ago. It was a tad tight and needed the addition of a link or two It took me a while but I eventually came up with the links. Adding the links, which I thought would be simple, turned out to be anything but. The way the links are hooked together isn’t like anything I have ever seen. I fooled around and got the bracelet apart but now can’t get it back together. I’m too old to be this aggravated.
So...I’m now I am looking for someone who has experience with this kind of bracelet. Any suggestions?

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Pulsar woman’s sport bracelet

Post13 Sep 2020, 16:52

Pictures please?

Geoff

Shiniquiet

Nerd

Nerd

Post13 Sep 2020, 23:46

I'd love to add an image but despite spending a couple of hours trying to figure out how to do that I've come up empty. I'm so frustrated I could scream. if you send me your email I can fire a couple your way. Sorry I'm so dense.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post19 Sep 2020, 00:30

Shiniquiet wrote:I'd love to add an image but despite spending a couple of hours trying to figure out how to do that I've come up empty. I'm so frustrated I could scream. if you send me your email I can fire a couple your way. Sorry I'm so dense.

Scroll down below the box where you type in a reply and you should see an option for ‘upload an attachment’ just click that then ‘choose file’ navigate to the photo on your device, then ‘add the file’

Shiniquiet

Nerd

Nerd

Post19 Sep 2020, 04:02

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I don’t know how I missed that.

Now I m getting a massage that the file is too big. I’ll have to figure out how to get it to a size that will work. Sheesh, this ought not be all this hard

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post16 Oct 2020, 22:09

It's not "impossible" but yeah, tight quarters. Pivot one side in first and get it's pin into the hole(having fun yet?). Then you should be able to push the link into position - you'll need to push the pin(2nd side) over to get going into the link above.
Always seems easier to me if I have the band on it's side, with the side I am getting "pinned" first, down. SO I am looking at the second one from above.
Don't wiggle, the pin will come out of the hole - she said. HA!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Shiniquiet

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Oct 2020, 11:35

Retroleds? Ed, is that you?? If so, where the heck have you been? It's been too long.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post20 Oct 2020, 17:41

Shiniquiet wrote:Retroleds? Ed, is that you?? If so, where the heck have you been? It's been too long.
Yes,yes, took a detour. And yes. :)

But what are YOU doing here Larry? It was supposed be JUST ONE WATCH some guy gave to you. What happened? M:)W:)M
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Shiniquiet

Nerd

Nerd

Post20 Oct 2020, 20:33

Good memory, Ed. I bought my first pulsar through a guy that worked on Hamilton watch’s Pulsar project on the early 70’s. But my second one came from a guy who, when I first met him, was wearing a Pulsar as he was chopping wood. Over the past 20 years I’ve been able to pick up a different Pulsar model here and there. My wife doesn’t have quite the same level of affection for the watches as I do so I’ve been working on improving her degree of interest. That led me to the Sport model I got her for our anniversary. Obviously, if she can’t wear it because the bracelet is too small the needle isn’t going to move much. I’ve tried doing what you have suggested but haven’t had any luck. Age and lousy eye sight probably have a lot to do with it. I never suspected that messing with this bracelet would be this hard. So while I was able to remove a pin or two - more by accident than design - I can’t get Humpty Dumpty back together again. It’s not much of an anniversary gift if it can’t be worn. Wouldn’t you agree?
You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve wondered about you when you went dark. It warms my heart much to hear from you.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post20 Oct 2020, 22:56

Shiniquiet wrote:Good memory, Ed. I bought my first pulsar through a guy that worked on Hamilton watch’s Pulsar project on the early 70’s. But my second one came from a guy who, when I first met him, was wearing a Pulsar as he was chopping wood. Over the past 20 years I’ve been able to pick up a different Pulsar model here and there. My wife doesn’t have quite the same level of affection for the watches as I do so I’ve been working on improving her degree of interest. That led me to the Sport model I got her for our anniversary. Obviously, if she can’t wear it because the bracelet is too small the needle isn’t going to move much. I’ve tried doing what you have suggested but haven’t had any luck. Age and lousy eye sight probably have a lot to do with it. I never suspected that messing with this bracelet would be this hard. So while I was able to remove a pin or two - more by accident than design - I can’t get Humpty Dumpty back together again. It’s not much of an anniversary gift if it can’t be worn. Wouldn’t you agree?
You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve wondered about you when you went dark. It warms my heart much to hear from you.
I was going to joke that woodchoppers watch needed to be buried to grow a tree - filthy.
Maybe someone could attend to the watch. Maybe even for old times sake. And luv. M:)W:)M
Went dark? I was in a dark place. Found some batteries and made it out. ~:(

Shiniquiet

Nerd

Nerd

Post21 Oct 2020, 01:01

As I recall, you cleaned up the woodchoppers watch (looked brand new) and I gave it to my son for a Christmas gift.

As for this bracelet...can I send it to for you to take a shot at it? If you haven’t moved and still live in 48357 I have your address. Of course, I would expect to pay you for your time.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post21 Oct 2020, 15:08

Yes - still there.

Quick update - went back into law (paralegal), it paid very well but was only 2 levels of hell above the eternal flames. Then was "Director of Operations" for a sizable startup - in reality I was the web guy, the guy that found their warehouse, guy who managed the warehouse . . . Plan is to "work in shelter"(home) for the foreseeable future. 8-)
Enough reminiscing or they are going to tell us to get a room.

Shiniquiet

Nerd

Nerd

Post21 Oct 2020, 16:38

Lol! Ok, Ed, I’m sticking the Watch and bracelet in the mail, probably today. Take a look and see what you think.

Maybe our further discussions ought to be by email. I still have your aol address.

Return to Pulsar and Hamilton